If you answer yes to any of these questions, you need to submit an income tax return.
- Do any of the following apply to you for the tax year 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019?
- Did you conduct any trade* in South Africa or if you are a South African tax resident did you conduct any trade*?
- Did you receive an allowance such as a travel, subsistence or office bearer allowance? Check your IRP5/IT3(a) if unsure.
- Did you hold any funds in foreign currency or assets outside South Africa that have a combined total value of more than R225 000 at any stage during the tax year?
- Did you have Capital Gains or Capital Losses exceeding R40 000?
- Was any income or a Capital Gain from funds in foreign currency or assets outside the Republic attributed to you?
- Do you hold any rights in a Controlled Foreign Company?
- Did you receive an Income Tax Return or were you asked to submit an Income Tax Return for the tax year?
For more information contact us on 087 808 6972.
HOW DO I SEND SARS MY RETURN
Taxpayers need to submit a tax return to SARS so we can calculate your tax liability based on the income you declare and the tax-deductible expenses you have incurred for a year of assessment. In some cases it may result in a refund. The annual Tax Season is when you will be required to submit a return. For most taxpayers this runs from July to November every year.
Apart from sending your return through the usual channels and the SARS eFiling website via your PC, you can now also download our MobiApp on your tablet or smartphone.